Wednesday 3 September 2008

Begining My Independent Study

As I begin on my independent study this semester, I'm struggling with two questions.

How do you define the romance novel? I think this is important because it is very hard to study something if you don't know what it is. So, this first week I'm reading Jennifer Crusie's essays, A Natural History of the Romance Novel, and various other texts in an attempt to find my own working definition of what constitutes a Romance Novel. I think I have a very good idea, and I'll expand on that point on Friday, with my weekly entry.

My second question, I feel, is just as important. What would be a clever title for this course? It seems silly, but I don't want to be calling my independent study class by that name for the entire semester. It just doesn't flow.

So, a final question. Any suggestions of a clever, insightful title for my class?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...